A man incapable to getting and keeping an erection suitable for sex is experiencing one of the most common male problems known as ED or erectile dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction or male impotence happening occasionally is nothing to worry about. It becomes a problem when it becomes habitual which could cause distress, loss of self-confidence and problems in your relationships. Health problems can also be the cause of the erectile dysfunction which needs to be treated to lower the risk of acquiring cardiovascular diseases.
Embarrassment is the main thing that would hold back a man from consulting a physician when he is experiencing symptoms of male impotence. Yet, the cause may be physical and treatment of a health condition could reverse the effects of erectile dysfunction. In some cases, direct treatments or medications will treat the underlying cause of erectile dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction may show the following persistent symptoms:
- Loss of sexual desire
- Incapable of getting an erection
- Inability of maintaining an erection
The emotions, blood vessels, the brain, muscles, hormones, and nerves involve the complex process of sexual arousal in men. Having a problem with any of these processes can result in erectile dysfunction. Mental problems and stress can also develop or worsen the erectile dysfunction condition.
- Injuries or surgeries that affected the spinal cord or pelvic area
- Diseases of the heart
- Atherosclerosis or constricted blood vessels
- Parkinson’s disease
- Scar tissues in the penis called Peyronie’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Conditions affecting metabolism that produces high levels of cholesterol, high blood pressure, increased insulin levels, abdominal fat
- Drug abuse and alcoholism
- Enlarged prostate or prostate cancer treatments
Feelings of sexual excitement start in the brain which could start a chemical reaction to the body leading to an erection. These sexual feelings can be interfered with by a number of reasons developing to or worsening an erectile dysfunction condition. These reasons may include:
- Mental health problems such as anxiety or depression
- Lack of communication, stress, depression that could lead to relationship issues
Men suffering from ED or erectile dysfunction may have the following complications:
- Unhappy sex life
- Anxiety or stress
- Low regard of self or have extreme feelings of embarrassment due to ED condition
- Relationship problems with partner
- Incapability to make a partner conceive
Your doctor will always try to find a way to treat your erectile dysfunction condition. He or she may prescribe oral medications that have successfully treated millions of men with ED condition.
- Avanafil Stendra
- Sildenafil Viagra
- Vardenafil Levitra
- Tadalafil Cialis
All these medications will act favorably on nitric acid which is the body’s natural chemical that could make the muscles in the penis relax. When the muscles relax, blood freely flows to the penis allowing an erection to happen when there is presence of some sexual stimulation.