Cialis – A Timely Answer to Impotence

Another revolutionary drug to treat erectile dysfunction is on the market and it is called Cialis. Not many people are familiar with the name which has been launched by an alliance between two giant pharmaceutical companies, Lilly and ICOS. The initial launching of Cialis was done in Europe and it has slowly but steadily took over a share of the market of drugs that target erectile dysfunction.

In France, Cialis has earned a name when it became the top erectile dysfunction drug that usurped Viagra, the undisputed king and the first drug of this kind developed a few years back. Cialis has also built a very comfortable niche in countries such as the United Kingdom, the United States, Italy, Canada, Germany, Brazil, Australia, and Mexico.

Sexual intercourse cannot be achieved when a man suffers from erectile dysfunction or impotence. Impotence is the incapability of a man to get and maintain an erection enough to participate in sexual intercourse with his partner. Almost 90% of men who have ED or erectile dysfunction have backgrounds involving medical or physical problems such as diseases of the heart, treatments for prostate cancer, and diabetes. The remaining 10% of men suffering from ED are caused by psychological conditions. Some of the cases could also involve both physical and psychological reasons.

If the erectile dysfunction is due to physical reasons, drugs that belong to PDE-5 inhibitors group can provide a treatment. These drugs include Viagra sildenafil, Levitra Vardenafil, and Cialis Tadalafil. It has been found that among the three, Cialis is the better drug. How and why?

All these PDE-5 inhibitor drugs work the same way which is to allow an increased supply of blood to the penis that can engorge and make it erect. The differences among the three of them are the molecules that they use to let a man get and maintain an erection. Both sildenafil and Vardenafil are absorbed and eliminated quickly from the body in a matter of 4 hours. This means that erection can only be maintained for a limited time. Since the drugs can only be taken once a day, a man has to wait for another 24 hours before he could use the drug again.

With Cialis, the drug is absorbed quickly but stays longer in the body for an astounding 36 hours which makes it nine times longer compared to the other drugs. The slow and extended action of Cialis allows quality time for sexual activity wherein a man does not have to rush things with his partner. The sexual intercourse can now be a leisurely activity which it is supposed to be in the first place. It is of small wonder that France has nicknamed Cialis as the weekend pill because it has brought spontaneity back to lovemaking.

The blue vision side effect that is usually experienced by men who use Viagra and Levitra is not present in Cialis. The drug is also not affected with fatty foods. Users can eat a 100% fat laden meal and still enjoy the benefits brought by Cialis because its action will not change with any food group.